Lemon-drop Chicken Wings
These delightfully lemony chicken wings are perfect for Super Bowl parties, tailgating, and even a budget-friendly weeknight dinner.
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsps sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, tips trimmed off
1. In a sizable bowl or resealable plastic bag, combine olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, vodka, salt, and pepper. Stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Add the chicken wings and mix to coat. Cover seal bag and refrigerate or bowl.
2. Preheat oven to 400deg. Baking pan with two layers. Arrange the chicken wings in one layer in the pan, and pour the marinade over all. Bake until meat is well browned and pulling away from the bone, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Serve warm or hot.