Fruity turkey tagine.
Freshen up Xmas leftovers of turkey, carrots and parsnips with ras el hanout in this pleasant and also spicy Moroccan stew.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, thickly cut
- 3 carrots, heavily sliced on the skewing
- 3 parsnips, thickly cut on the skewing
- 2 garlic cloves, squashed
- 2 tsp ras el hanout
- 500ml turkey or poultry stock
- 400g can cut tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and also washed
- 140g mix of dried out apricots as well as prunes, roughly sliced
- 300g remaining turkeys, reduced right into portions
- good drizzle of clear honey
- 1/2 tiny lot coriander, about cut
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- couscous, to serve
- Greek yogurt, to offer
Heat the oil in a big saucepan, add the onion and chef delicately for 8 mins or till softened. Include the carrots and parsnips, and chef for 8 mins till starting to relax and brown a little. Stir in the garlic as well as ras el hanout, and also cook for a more 30 secs. Idea in the stock, tomatoes, chickpeas, dried fruit and 150ml water. Season, give a simmer and chef for 25-30 minutes until the vegetables hurt.Add the turkey and simmer for 5 minimums to warm up with. Mix in the honey, then scatter over the coriander and also almonds prior to serving with couscous and Greek yogurt.