From:http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Easy-Chicken-Pasta-Alfredo/Easy Chicken Pasta Alfredo
A friend of mine got this recipe while traveling in Italy. Chicken, mushrooms, and tortellini in rich cream sauce. Delicious!
Original recipe makes 6 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pinch garlic powder, or to taste
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Bring a big pot of lightly salted water to a boiling point. Add tortellini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tortellini float to the top as well as the filling is hot, about 5 minutes. Drain.
Heat vegetable oil in a sizable skillet over medium heat; stir and cook chicken breast until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.Melt butter in a different skillet over moderate heat; stir and cook mushrooms and garlic powder until mushrooms begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir and bring to a boiling point. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly thickened. Add Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. Continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.Stir chicken and tortellini into mushroom-cream sauce. Simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.